THRIFTY & DOLLAR VEHICLE RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
OBLIGATIONS OF THE RENTER
- The Renter accepts the provisions of this rental agreement and has received a copy of it.
- The driver shall be at least 21 years of age and shall have held a driver’s license for at least one year before renting a vehicle. The Renter shall abide by the Philippine laws and regulations when driving. The vehicle is under the responsibility of the Renter, which, under this rental agreement, can never be less than until Thrifty/Dollar has registered the vehicle as returned in his system.
- The Renter shall return the vehicle as stated below:
- a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items that were in or on the vehicle upon rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. If something is missing, the Renter agrees that the cost price of individual items that are absent when the vehicle is returned will be charged to his or her credit card which the Renter used at the beginning of the rent. The same applies if extra parts that came with the vehicle are missing upon the vehicle’s return or if returned in an unsatisfactory condition, i.e. these items will be charged to the credit card used at the beginning of the rent.
- b) At the predetermined time as stated on the front page of the rental agreement or sooner if Thrifty/Dollar demands it.
- c) At the Thrifty/Dollar Car Rental locations where the vehicle was rented, unless otherwise agreed. If at the end of the rental period the vehicle is not left at Thrifty/Dollar venue of rent, Thrifty/Dollar is authorized to charge the renter for pick-up of the vehicle according to its pricelist.
- d) With a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is not returned with a full fuel tank Thrifty/Dollar is authorized to charge the Renter for the difference in fuel until the tank is full at the pricelist of Thrifty/Dollar.
- The Renter shall pay for the fuel and other needed for driving the vehicle for the period of time the vehicle is at her or his responsibility, which in the interpretation of this agreement, is never a shorter period than the period Thrifty/Dollar has to register the vehicle in its system as returned, which can only be processed during the company’s opening hours.
- If the Renter does not return the vehicle at the correct time according to this rental agreement, or negotiates extended rental with the Thrifty/Dollar office, Thrifty/Dollar or the police are authorized to take possession of the vehicle without further notice at the Renter’s expense. Extended rental is subject to the consent of Thrifty/Dollar. If the Renter returns the vehicle 1 hour or more after the expiry of the rental period, Thrifty/Dollar is authorized to collect as much as a one day rent according to this rental agreement. For every day that begins thereafter, Thrifty/Dollar may collect all charges as per the company’s pricelist.
- The vehicle shall be cautiously and carefully driven. Only persons who are registered with Thrifty/Dollar as the drivers and who meet the provisions of Item 2 above, are authorized to drive the rented vehicle. If the vehicle is driven by a person who is not registered in this rental agreement, all insurance becomes null and void, in which instance the Renter is fully liable for the vehicle, for damage it may sustain, damage it may cause others, items or vehicles, and obligates to pay such damage in full.
- The Renter has objective liability in respect of the vehicle towards Thrifty/Dollar, for example, because of damage sustained by Thrifty/Dollar if the vehicle is stolen or if the vehicle sustains damage that will not be compensated by the company’s insurance company.
- The Renter has objective liability in respect of Thrifty/Dollar for damage derived from the use of the vehicle and will not be compensated by Thrifty/Dollar’s insurance company, including damage to passengers or other persons.
- The Renter is liable for damage derived from the use of the vehicle and will not be covered by the vehicle’s insurance company, including damage to the vehicle and/or passengers that may be traced to the following factors:
- a) Off-road driving or driving through mountain trails and other areas where roads are impassable
- b) Transporting the vehicle via ferry or overseas
- c) Driving in rivers or any kind of watercourses
- d) Intentional actions or major negligence
- e) Driver’s usage of intoxicants
- f) Usage of the vehicle that is in breach of Philippine law s and/or the provisions of this rental agreement.
- The Renter is unauthorized:
- a) Off-road driving, for example, in paths and tracks, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide, or in other trackless areas except vehicles in the category 4WD (four-wheel drive vehicles) that Thrifty/Dollar agrees as appropriate for being driven on such roads. A breach of this Article authorizes Thrifty/Dollar to collect fines from the Renter. The aforementioned provision on fines does not affect the Renter’s liability regarding damage.
- b) Driving under the influence of any intoxicants
- c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of watercourses. Such driving, is totally the responsibility of the Renter.
- d) Propel or tow any other vehicles, trailer, or other heavy things with or without wheels
- e) Transport goods in violations of customs rules and regulations or in any other manner deemed illegal
- In the instance of collision or another accident, the Renter shall immediately notify the police, as well as Thrifty/Dollar. The Renter may not leave the venue of collision or accident until this has been done and until the police have arrived, or a damage report has been prepared. The Renter shall immediately fill out the damage report if damage has occurred. If the Renter does not report the damage within 12 hours from its occurrence, the Renter is fully liable for the damage and shall in such instance pay for it in full irrespective of the collision damage waiver (CDW) that is attached to the insurance taken out by the Renter at the beginning of the rent.
- The Renter agrees to pay Thrifty/Dollar a required deposit in the estimated amount of the rent and/or other charges the Renter may be subjected to regarding the rent.
- The Renter is not authorized to have repairs or changes made of the vehicle and its attachments or to place them as guarantees without the prior consent of Thrifty/Dollar.
- The Renter is responsible for all parking tickets and fines for traffic violations. Thrifty/Dollar reserves the right to collect a charge from the Renter, charged against his or her credit card, according to Thrifty/Dollar’s pricelist, if it turns out that Thrifty/Dollar has to pay fines for the Renter and/or inform the authorities about the Renter because of traffic violations.
- The Renter is not authorized to use the vehicle for transporting passengers against payment, lend it or sublease it.
- The Renter shall pay all collection costs that fall on Thrifty/Dollar if Thrifty/Dollar launches collection measures because of this rental agreement.
- The Renter is responsible for all expenses derived from transporting the vehicle to Thrifty/Dollar’s location, as decided by Thrifty/Dollar, in the event of transportation because of an accident or damage to the vehicle, or for other reasons. In such instance the collision damage waiver (CDW) has no impact.
- The Renter is responsible for returning the vehicle washed and cleaned. The Renter agrees to pay for cleaning fees for units that are returned dirty. Charges are stated in this Rental Agreement.
- Renters driving in the Philippines using a foreign driver’s license shall ensure that usage of their foreign driver’s license within 90 days upon entry. Violations incurred due to this shall be chargeable to the Renter. CDW or other insurances shall be forfeited for renters using a foreign driver’s license past the 90-day allowable period.
PROVISIONS ON COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW) AND OTHER INSURANCES
- A Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) of PHP500.00 per day is already included in the rate for cars and PHP100.00 for motorcycles. CDW waives part of the liability of the RENTER for damages in case of collision. The RENTER, however, will be liable for the full cost of damage if the car is driven in violation of the RENTAL AGREEMENT or for failure to submit a police report and a photocopy of the driver’s license and passport during the accident.
- With CDW, RENTER shall only be liable for a maximum non-waivable excess (renter’s participation) which is equivalent to 2% of the vehicle insured value or whichever is applicable in a vehicular accident. The non-waivable excess amount for each car class are as follows:
|NON-WAIVABLE EXCESS TABLE|
|Compact SUV||Full Size Wagon||Full Size SUV|
- In the calculation of the damage fees, the actual cost of damages on the rented vehicle including the downtime days while the vehicle undergoes repair. Downtime cost shall be computed as down days multiplied by the vehicles daily rental rate.
- Thrifty/Dollar provides a replacement vehicle in case a vehicle is damaged and can no longer be driven.The replacement shall be issued only upon submission of documentation and payment of the non-waivable excess. The non-waivable excess shall be applied per damaged vehicle and not per rental transaction i.e. in the case that the replacement vehicle is damaged, a non-waivable excess for the replacement vehicle shall be collected. A replacement vehicle cannot be issued if renter has not purchased CDW. In case that the renter wishes to have the vehicle replaced, the renter shall enter into another rental agreement.
- The third party insurance carried by all company vehicles cover the driver liability for injury to others but does not cover his own personal injury or that of his passenger. Thrifty/Dollar can provide an optional Personal Accident Insurance to the Renter for PHP250.00 per day that provides coverage up to PHP100,000.00 for every passenger up to a maximum of four (4) passengers. Additional coverage may be purchased.
- Marine Insurance of PHP1,500 per shipment is required when transporting the vehicle inter-island. Any damage incurred during the transport of the vehicle and the interisland destination shall not be covered by the CDW or the SuperProtect.
- The insurance that shall be applied to this rental is the insurance cover purchased by the renter as stated in the renter’s rental invoice or rental agreement.
- No refund shall be issued should the renter returns earlier than scheduled since rates are calculated based on rental days.
- No refunds shall be issued for disputes made after 90 days upon closing of the rental agreement.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND FEES
- DELIVERY AND COLLECTION SERVICE
- If in case the renter cannot pickup or return the vehicle at designated pickup and return locations, the renter can avail of Thrifty/Dollar Delivery or Collection Service which is subject to additional fees.
- Delivery Fee starts at PHP1,000.00. Collection Fee starts at PHP1,000.00. Please ask our Counter or Reservations representatives for actual delivery and collection fee for your location.
- NUMBER CODING REPLACEMENT SERVICE
- Number coding is implemented within certain areas in Metro Manila. Rates for Car Rentals for 6 days or less includes a 1-day coding replacement vehicle that shall be collected by the renter a day before the number coding day on any Thrifty/Dollar counter within the city.
- Delivery and Collection Fees apply if the renter wishes to have his/her coding replacement vehicle delivered to his/her hotel or residence.
- Car Rentals for 7 days and more does not include a number coding replacement vehicle. The rates quoted for rental beyond seven days includes a 1-day free day per week. If the renter wishes to have his vehicle replaced, additional day shall be added to his/her rental. Delivery and collection charges also apply.
- AFTER HOURS PICKUP AND RETURN
- In case customers demand to collect or return cars in out of our office hours, and demand to have our staff waiting at collection or return locations, Thrifty/Dollar shall charge PHP500 for exterior cleaning and up to PhP3,500 for interior cleaning.
- CHARGES NOT COVERED BY CDW OR SUPERPROTECT (FOR VEHICLES)
- Tire Damage: PhP 7,000.00 per tire
- Lost Key: 1) Key Only - PhP5,000.00, 2) With Remote - PhP20,000.00, 3) Keyless - PhP50,000.00
- Awful Smell and/or Dirty Interior: PhP3,500.00
- Damage to Interior: Actual Cost of Damage (subject for appraisal)
- ELECTRONIC TOLL FEES & CHARGES
- Vehicles shall be handed over to the Renter with beginning balances. The Renter should return the vehicle with the same beginning balance.
- The Renter shall only load the amount that The Renter estimates to consume during the rental. No refund shall be issued for excess Toll Fee load.
- No insurance covers damage to the chassis of a vehicle or caused by driving in rivers or lakes. The CDW do not cover such damage. The Renter is fully liable for such damage; see further the item above on insurance.
- Thrifty/Dollar is authorized to take possession of the vehicle at its discretion and without notice if it has been illegally parked or has been used in a manner that does not conform to this rental agreement or law and regulations, if the vehicle appears to be abandoned, or if the rented vehicle is not returned on the agreed date of return.
- In instances where Thrifty/Dollar exercises its right according to the aforementioned, this by no means affects the payment of the rental fee or other, which the Renter shall pay according to this rental agreement. If, however, the vehicle is re-rented to a third party within the agreed rental period the amount of the rental fee shall be deducted to the extent where the rental periods of the Renter and the third party coincide. Thrifty/Dollar decides unilaterally at any given time whether the Renter will be provided with another vehicle instead of the rented one, i.e. in instances of any breach of the rental agreement. If the Renter receives another vehicle of a different and less expensive type, the Renter will receive no reimbursement of the balance. If there is only a more expensive vehicle available, however, Thrifty/Dollar reserves the right to collect the balance between the rented vehicle and the vehicle which Thrifty/Dollar decided to make available instead to the Renter, charged to the credit card presented by the Renter upon the beginning of the rent or later.
- Thrifty/Dollar is authorized to charge against the Renter’s credit card the rental fee and other the Renter should pay according to this rental agreement, including payments because of damage to a vehicle while in the possession of the Renter, and also because of lost rental days because of damage, taking into consideration the utilization ratio of Thrifty/Dollar’s fleet of vehicles, and Thrifty/Dollar alone shall hold the power to decide when this is done and whether done in one transaction or not. This right remains intact for six (6) months after the vehicle has been returned to Thrifty/Dollar. The Renter’s signature to this rental agreement equals the Renter’s signature to credit card withdrawals because of the payments that Thrifty/Dollar charges against the Renter’s credit card and which Thrifty/Dollar should rightfully receive on grounds of the provisions of this rental agreement.
- The Renter confirms with his or her signature to this rental agreement and the damage report that he or she received the vehicle and attachments in sound condition.
- This rental agreement shall always be in the vehicle while at the responsibility of the Renter.
- Any amendments or annexes to this rental agreement are subject to being made in writing and confirmed with the signatures of both parties to the agreement.
- This rental agreement and agreements entered into on grounds of the aforementioned provisions, as well as claims for damages that may subsequently be made, fall under the auspices of Philippine law. This applies both to the grounds and calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damages on grounds of liability outside of agreements. A case arising over this agreement shall only be filed at the legal venue of Thrifty/Dollar Philippines.
- The Renter agrees by signing this agreement, should a vehicle sustain damage or loss of which the Renter is responsible for, that the following documents shall be considered as sufficient evidence regarding the cost and extend of such damage or loss, whether a civil case is filed or not:
- Detailed Invoice from an approved repair center
- A photograph/s of a damage or loss of a vehicle.
- Signed Rental Agreement
- A Damage Report filled out by an employee of Thrifty/Dollar
- Police report
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time.
- The renter have read and acknowledged on all terms and conditions for this quotation
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We collect the following personal information from you when you manually or electronically book and transact with Thrifty/Dollar Car Rental
- Complete Nam
- Permanent Resident Address
- Contact Information - Phone Number and Email
- Credit Card Information for security deposit and refunds
- Valid IDs preferably Passport and Driver’s License
- USE OF DATA
The collected personal information is utilized solely for documentation and processing of your transactions and insurances with Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty Car Rentals and is not shared with any outside parties. They enable Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty to properly address our customers, to file and claim for insurances/covers due to our customers, and to properly file for refund of payments and/or respond to payment dispute requests.
- PROTECTION MEASURES
Only authorized Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty personnel has access to these personal information through the Cars+ system. All information are directly inputted to the Cars+ system. Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty does not keep physical copies of Credit Card information and contact information. Customer information is only kept digitally through Cars+ for internal purposes. Physical copies of Valid IDs are kept only until 90 days after the closing of the rental agreement. Physical and digital records of transactions are stored for two years after the closing of the transaction, afterwhich, physical records shall be disposed through shredding, while digital files shall be anonymized.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The Renter has the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, as well as to ask for it to be corrected if you think that there are errors. To do so, you may ask our customer service representatives or you may contact our customer care email: email@example.com
THRIFTY/DOLLAR (EXCLUSIVE CARS INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, INC.) and the RENTER herein agree to adopt all the stipulations under this rental agreement.